Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oooookay.



So it's been too long since I've updated and although I'm tired and I have a headache, I'll force myself to do a little ditty here.



We didn't end up acquiring these said llamas because quite frankly WTF?! Too many other projects to finish up and though it was a great opportunity, the timing just wasn't right for us. I definitely think we made the right choice. We just finally got all 4 frames up on the shed and tomorrow I'm going to start measuring siding and hopefully be able to do some of that. I would love to have the shed mostly done by Saturday so I can slap a temporary roof on top and start moving stuff into it.






There's also the issue of the massive duck acquisitions we've made recently (our muscovies, khaki campbells, and our buff). We need to revamp the living quarters for our chickens and ducks. Though I love the idea of free ranging them, right now they are making an absolute mess of the front of the house because they hang out begging for food! As a result our walkways and front steps are just littered with poop. Very gross. So we're going to need to brainstorm and design some solutions to this while still allowing them access to fresh grasses and ranging area.




Third project would be the fence. We have bought a lot of the supplies we need for the fence but we just haven't had a lot of time to work on it. We even got two gates, though they are too small to serve as a front entrance so we may have to build a front gate from wood, etc. We have a bunch of holes dug down on one side so we need to measure and cut posts, and then concrete them, not to mention start affixing the fencing material. WHEW! I could use about 50 more hands and 24 more hours in my day!


Even with all the craziness though it's been extremely rewarding. We're slowly getting our house situated and the bathroom is comign along slowly but surely. I can't really complain and when it's all said and done I'll be able to said that we actually did it with our own bare hands. There's a pride that comes with that. And I wouldn't trade that feeling for any apartment man could build.


No comments:

Post a Comment